City of Menlo Park -- NEW Business License Application
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on a calendar year basis during the month of January.
2. Business start date is the first date your business started in the city of Menlo Park.
3. Employee identification number is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide social security numbers for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
4. If the business is located within the city, the Planning department will complete zoning review after the Finance department has reviewed the initial business license application. Zoning for Menlo Park based businesses must be approved prior to issuing a business license.
5. If the business is located on a residential property within the city, you must submit a Home Occupation Permit.
Please pre-fill out and save the HOP appliation and upload it while submitting your Business License Application.
6. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. An email will be sent verifying the receipt of application. A follow up email will be sent within 10 business days containing the amount due and instructions how to make payment on-line.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019 which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice, click HERE
Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code. To do so, please Apply in person - you may not apply online.